User sync admin user interface
The admin interface provides:
- Logs for all the sync runs and downloads of the data and control files
- Configuration of the user sync
- Data lookup for troubleshooting
Sync run logs
Logs for all the sync runs are retained, along with the data files. Click View… next to a sync run to see that individual sync run.
There are various actions which may be available depending on the status of the sync run:
- Apply – perform this sync run now. Syncs need manual apply when they are too different to the previous files, or automatic apply has been disabled.
- Re-apply – make a copy of this sync run and apply it. This is useful for restoring state to a previous run.
- Cancel – mark this sync run as cancelled, so further files can be uploaded as a new sync run.
- Unsafe mark cancelled – mark this sync run as cancelled, even though it is in a state which suggests this is might be unsafe.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to download the data files and the control file.
Configuration options are:
- Automatically apply uploaded sync files – set to No to prevent sync runs being applied automatically. This is useful after making a change to the originating system, and you’d like to check the files it uploads in a test environment before updating the live environment.
- Force update of all records – set to Yes to try applying all user records, even if the data hasn’t changed since the last run. This can be required when the control file mappings have changed, because although the input data is still the same, the control file will map it to different values.
- Emails to receive sync reports – a comma separated list of email addresses to send the sync logs.
Entering a username or email address of a user will show state of the user account and profile, along with the data received from the originating system.