REST APIs are provided to access and modify objects and data in Haplo applications. The APIs use JSON formatted requests and responses.
They are not enabled by default. You must install the plugins for the specific APIs that you need.
An API key is used to authenticate as a user of the system, and gives the external system the same permissions as that user. Multiple API keys can be generated for a single Haplo application to provide external systems with differing levels of access.
These generic APIs provide low-level access to the underlying Haplo API, exposing the server-side interfaces as reasonably convenient REST APIs.
It may be easier to use one of the alternative APIs:
- The Data Import REST API to map and write data, as it provides additional features that may be more convenient to use.
- A message queue, including the generic global observer to be notified of changes as they happen.
- User sync for managing users and their associated information.
- The Reporting REST API to access summary information.
- A custom API built with the server-side Plugin API.